Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Great First Day of School!

I hope you all had a wonderful first day of school!  Today was our first day with kids!  We went back to school for pre-planning last Thursday and I have been working like a crazy lady in my room getting everything ready for my kiddos.  We had open house yesterday and I met all of my parents and students.  My class is precious (14 girls and 6 boys) -Wow...I've NEVER had numbers like that before.  I am taking pictures of my room this week and will download for you to see tomorrow.  My schedule is going to be the same as last year's...it worked well for me!  Several of you have asked how my day is planned.  Here it goes if you are interested (This might seem long-sorry):
7:30-8:20  Once the children unpack their book bags and make lunch choices they go to Math Tubs.  I have a table that is always Tub 1.  Tubs 2-5 are stationed around the room.  Once I get my students at my table going on their activity, I walk around and help others.
8:20-8:45  Math Problem of the Day/Math Journals:  This is a time when we work on a word problem on the board together.  We analyze and show multiple ways to solve problems together.
8:45-9:10  Whole group Math Lesson
9:10-9:30  Whole group Language Lessons (Spelling/Making Words/LA)
9:30-10:10  Reading Group 1
10:10-10-50  Reading Group 2
10:50-11:30  Reading Group 3
(The children that are not at my reading table are working on independent work and tic-tac-toe centers).
11:30 -12:10  Art/Music/P.E.
12:15-12:25  B.E.A.R. Time (Be Excited About Reading) Silent reading time
12:25-12:55  Lunch
1:00-1:30  Recess
1:30-2:00  Writing Workshop/Science/Social Studies/Health
2:00-2:15  Reader's Chair  (Students take turns reading to the class in the reader's chair to earn stickers for their reader's charts).
2:15-2:25  Afternoon "Meeting" to discuss any problems we might have had or to give each other compliments.  This is SO important to teach kids how to get along and solve their own problems.
  ...Then we pack up and go home!  Busy, busy, busy day...but fun!  Thanks!-Yvonne


No comments:

Post a Comment